GET FREE E-MAIL ALERTS
Sunday, 26 May 2013, 07:18 MST
HEADLINES THIS WEEK
COMPLETE NEWS LIST
BOOKS & ARTICLES
4. The Subscriber may copy, download or print the materials on the Portal for personal or non-commercial use provided all copyright and other notices contained in the original material are retained on all copies of that material. The Subscriber may create a link to the Portal. The Subscriber shall not adapt, modify, republish or reproduce or use for any public or commercial purposes the materials on this website without the prior written permission of the Promoter.
5. The Promoter disclaims all warranties on the Portal and the Tax Alerts, including the warranty of the quality, veracity, accuracy, completeness or currency of the Contents and the fitness of the Portal for any particular purpose. The Promoter disclaims and excludes all forms of liabilities for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage caused directly, indirectly or incidentally to the use of or inability to use the Portal and the Tax Alerts. The Promoter specifically disclaims and excludes (without in anyway limiting the scope of the first sentence of this clause) all forms of liabilities for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage caused directly, indirectly or incidentally to (a) errors in or omissions from the Portal and the Tax Alerts including errors and omissions in the Contents; computer viruses transmitted from or other functional defects of the Portal and the Tax Alerts; delay, temporary interruption, unavailability or suspension, and/or failure in performance, of the Portal and the Tax Alerts.
6. The Contents are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to replace or serve as substitute for any professional advice, consultation or service. The Promoter disclaims and excludes all liabilities in respect of anything done or omitted to be done in reliance upon the whole or any part of the Contents.
7. If any of the disclaimers or exclusions of liabilities mentioned in this document is prohibited or otherwise fail, the Promoter’s liability is limited to RM100.00 (Malaysian Ringgit one hundred only).
8. The Subscriber is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to access and use the Portal and the Tax Alerts for research purposes. The Subscriber shall not commercially exploit the Contents.
9. The Subscriber shall not store, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, display and/or sell the Contents, commercially or otherwise, except with the prior written permission of the Promoter. The Subscriber may however disseminate, transmit, distribute, and/or display the links to the Contents, subject to the applicable laws. The links must directly (without intermediate pages) lead the reader to the Contents on the Portal.
10. The Subscriber shall not decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the software or other functions and features of the Portal and/or the Tax Alerts. The Subscriber shall not use any software or process to track usage of the Portal and/or the Tax Alerts including information about users, and monitor or copy the Contents.
11. The Subscriber undertakes to acquire and set-up all equipment including hardware and software compatible and necessary to have access to the Portal and receive the Tax Alerts from time to time. The Subscriber also undertakes to obtain all necessary licenses and approvals to access and use the Portal and/or the Tax Alerts from time to time.
12. The Subscriber, at the time of subscription or at any time during the subscription, shall provide, completely and accurately, all information about the Subscriber as required by the Promoter. The Subscriber shall be responsible to promptly notify the Promoter of any changes to such information.
14. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reject an application for subscription to the Service without giving any reason whatsoever. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, terminate or suspend the Service to the Subscriber at any time without notice or without giving any reason.
15. The Portal and/or the the Tax Alerts may contain hyperlinks to websites or databases operated by third parties. These hyperlinks are provided merely for the convenience of the Subscribers. The Promoter shall not be responsible any errors, inaccuracies, acts or omissions of such third parties. The Promoter shall also not responsible for the availability or the contents of or hyperlinks in such websites or databases. The Promoter does not approve, sponsor or endorse such third party websites, databases or contents therein. The Promoter disclaims and excludes all liabilities for any damage caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content available on or from such websites or databases.
16. Any disputes arising from, or in connection with the use of the Portal shall be construed under the laws of Malaysia, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Kuala Lumpur.
The Promoter is firmly committed to the privacy of the Subscribers of the Portal.
The Promoter may collect personally identifiable information of the Subscribers like names and addresses only if the Subscribers voluntarily input such information on the Portal. All reasonable endeavours will be made to protect the privacy and to prevent the disclosure of such information. The Promoter does not sell such information to third parties. The Promoter does not share such information with third parties except as required by law.
The Promoter may use personally identifiable information of the Subscribers to respond to the specific requests of the respective Subscribers. The Promoter may also use such information to inform the Subscribers of the Promoter’s products and/or services. However, the Subscribers will at all times have an option to decline to receive such communication from the Promoter. The Promoter may collect non-personally identifiable information of the Subscribers to determine the usage of the Portal with a view to make it more useful and attractive.
The Promoter does not guarantee the privacy of the Subscribers when the latter access other websites through the links, if any, provided on the Portal.
© Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia